Marketing Trends to Watch in 2016
As digital marketing and social media continues to evolve, marketers must stay on top of the trends in order to get results.
Although we don’t recommend chasing the latest and greatest shiny object, it pays to understand how the marketing landscape is changing so you can adapt to it.
We don’t have a crystal ball handy, but we do have some ideas about where digital marketing is heading next year.
In this episode of The Marketing Huddle, we’ll share our ideas about the top marketing trends to watch in 2016 so you and your team can stay ahead of the curve.
Here is what we cover on the show:
- How Facebook will continue to evolve into a rich content platform;
- Why mobile is no longer simply a trend to watch, but a practice that’s integrated into your marketing approach;
- What’s next for Twitter and what that means for you;
- Google further distances itself from social;
- How content, SEO and social media will become further integrated;
- We debate whether video will continue to be prominent;
- Why you should consider hypertargeting and social media advertising; and
- Much, much more!
We pack a lot into this 20 minute episode – you don’t want to miss it!
Show Notes & Resources:
- Facebook draws 1 billion users in a single day – The Verge
- Remember Facebook Notes? It’s Back With a Vengeance – Wired
- Testing a New Way for Marketers to Tell Stories in News Feed – Facebook for Business
- Periscope vs. Meerkat: What Marketers Should Know About Live-Streaming Video – Blue Kite Marketing
- Blab video chat app is like Periscope for groups of friends – Mashable
- Episode Transcript
- Episode Graphic via Freepik
Thanks for Listening!
Thanks for checking out today’s show!
As always, if you enjoyed this episode, we encourage you to leave us a review on iTunes. Your feedback is invaluable and we love hearing from our awesome listeners. As a thank you for your iTunes review, we’ll send you a FREE leather-bound journal! Once you’ve left a review, go here to tell us where to send it.
We look forward to your feedback!
Sponsor Shout Out:
We want to give a huge thanks to this week’s sponsor, S2N Design, a small, Memphis-based design shop that packs a big creative punch. S2N Design is our go-to design team and we have them to thank for our show’s logo and website. Check out more of their work at s2ndesign.com.
Interested in sponsoring our show? Get details here.