Top Marketing Newsmakers from 2015
If you’ve been following our podcast, you’ll notice how we often mention the fast pace of marketing today.
Because things move so quickly, it can be almost jarring to recognize how much things have changed – especially over the course of a whole year.
But, that’s exactly what Stan and I did on this week’s show. We took a look back at all of the biggest advancements and changes in the digital marketing space in 2015 and what this means for marketers going into next year.
Here is just a sampling of what we talked about:
- Live streaming video. We discussed how live-streaming video applications such as Periscope, Meerkat and now Blab has become the breakout hits of the year.
- A lot has changed for Twitter this year. Stan and I discuss what happened at Twitter in 2015 and whether the changes are enough to keep them relevant moving into 2016.
- Facebook changes almost every week. We talk about some of the biggest features that rolled out this year that affect marketers.
- Ad blocking. How ad-blocking services on mobile devices has prompted a big discussion about whether these tools are ethical or whether advertisers simply need to create better ads.
- Content marketing. We also discuss how content marketing has matured in 2015, but where there is still room for growth with the practice.
Because there was so much to cover this past year, we recorded a longer show to do a deeper dive into these topics. I think you’ll find it worth the time!
Plus, Stan breaks out singing some Boyz II Men. It’s epic. You don’t want to miss it!
Show Notes & Resources:
- Episode 29: Marketing Trends to Watch in 2016– The Marketing Huddle
- Periscope vs. Meerkat: What Marketers Should Know About Live-Streaming Video – Blue Kite Marketing Blog
- Instagram Offers Big Data, but Pinterest Has Purchase Intent – Adweek
- How Pinterest Drives Online Commerce [Infographic] – Shopify
- Episode 8: Getting Started with Social Media Advertising – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 21: What the Heck is Growth Hacking? – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 25: What is Marketing Automation and Why Do You Need It? – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 1: Integrated Marketing Done the Right Way – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 4: How to Make Sense of Your Marketing Numbers – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 5: How to Effectively Repurpose Your Content – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 6: Better Blogging in Less Time – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 10: Top Marketing Tools for Your Business – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode 30: How to Get More from Google Analytics with Andy Crestodina – The Marketing Huddle
- Episode Transcript
- Episode Graphic via Freepik
Signing Off for 2015
This will also be our last episode for 2015. We will be back with our next new episode on January 13.
We want to thank you for listening to The Marketing Huddle this year! We are so grateful for you, our listeners, for listening every week.
Thank you for your time, your comments, your reviews and for spreading the word about the show. We appreciate you very much and we can’t wait to come back next year with more great content for you!
Sponsor Shout Out:
We want to give a huge thanks to this week’s sponsor, S2N Design, a small, Memphis-based design shop that packs a big creative punch. S2N Design is our go-to design team and we have them to thank for our show’s logo and website. Check out more of their work at s2ndesign.com.
Interested in sponsoring our show? Get details here.